FROM the desk of the president: Welcome To
WEST AFRICAN UNION UNIVERSITY
We welcome you to West African Union University (WAUU) –a bilingual university with excellent academic pursuit and a clear vision of meeting the 21st century labour market needs. While most of us conclude there are no jobs for fresh graduates, research findings show otherwise. As evidenced in a recent study, 4 out of 10 employers in the world cannot find qualified employee to fill entry level positions in their organizations. Also findings from an ongoing educational sector analysis in Nigeria confirm that our educational “system emphasizes theoretical knowledge at the expense of technical, vocational, and entrepreneurial education”.
Our vision is to be an international university of iconic reckoning, develop an exciting and supportive learning environment that transforms students and inspires them to make a real difference in the society.
Here is a list of some of our success reports within the four years we have been in the academic business:
- Overall best in the 2016/2017 BTS exams organized by Benin national Government
- Over 70% of our French students are from Benin Republic Government on scholarship
- The fastest growing private university in Benin on academics and student population
- A bilingual university with French and English students from over 10 countries
- 24 hours daily portable water supply
- 24 hours daily electricity supply with occasional free Wi-Fi services
- Affordable fees programmed to be paid in installments
- Guaranteed NYSC scheme for our Nigerian students at graduation
- Attracting scholarship students from some state governments in Nigeria.
We remain firm in our resolve to producing bilingual graduates with requisite technical and conceptual skills needed for rewarding careers and viable nation building. Once, again we say welcome!
Our delight is to see potentials, who want to use their potentials for good. We provide scholarships for truly outstanding students who choose to study with us.
Our library contains materials that are relevant to the 21st century labor market. The library provides essential resources any student would need to grow and progress in his/her educational pursuit.
Knowledge: An Insurance Against Ignorance
The Philosophy of the University is embedded in its motto, “Knowledge; an insurance against ignorance.” The University is in total commitment to the training and development of men and women in an enabling environment, through appropriate teaching, research and service to humanity to banish ignorance on the surface of Africa.
The WAUU will lead higher education in preparing students for innovative, creative and successful careers in global society. The WAUU’s missions are to provide a broad range of career-oriented educational programmes with the goal of producing innovative, creative graduates who are well-prepared for their chosen carrers in a global society.
Choose what you’d like to learn from our extensive library.
Well trained and qualified lecturers at your service
World class laboratories and equipment to facilitate learning